Sunday, March 21, 2010

Homemade Rice Paper Wraps

I don't know about you, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vietnamese food!  Well, I love ALL kinds of food, but Vietnamese is truly one of my top three favourites!  I was introduced to "Pho" (Vietnamese soup) about 7 years ago by my boyfriend...he brought me right down into the heart of the city where all of the best Vietnamese food is made!  I was in love, not only with my boyfriend, but with this new type of food that I enjoyed soooo much!  Recently, I've started to also enjoy rice paper wraps!  You can make them at home which is what we did last Saturday!  It was really fun to chop all the veggies up, break up the mint sprigs, and put a little fish sauce in a shallow bowl JUST like how they do it at the restaurant!  It was a lot of fun! 

What you need:

1 package of 22cm rice paper wraps  (Y & Y Brand)
Shredded Carrots
Cut lettuce
Sprouts
Fresh Corriander
Fresh Mint
Cucumber, sliced thinly lengthwise
Peanuts
Sauteed shrimp, pork, chicken or beef
Spinach Vermicelli  (cooked)
Warm water
Fish Sauce or Peanut Sauce

Soak the rice paper wrap in warm water until soft (about 5-10 seconds).  We used a pie plate for this!
Once its soft, let the excess water drip off into the pie plate.  Start filling your wrap with all the goodies!!!  Wrap it up and seal the bottom, enjoy!!! 

There's not much else to these fresh and delicious rice paper wraps, but they are so yummy and satisfying! 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! This looks AWESOME! Where do I buy the rice wraps?! I'm definitely going to try this! :D

    A.Co @ www.acoest1984.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete